Monday, May 17, 2010

Spring Happenings







Bailey swims!!!

Bailey is officially back! This dog hates water. I mean hates water. She will not go outside if it's even lightly sprinkling. She will "hold it" till she busts if ya know what I mean.  This day we went fishing in the pond in the small pontoon boat. Crying and wailing on the shorebank, this whiny baby finally braved the crystal blue to be with us. We were shocked to say the least! Yeah I know it's brown, it gets muddy when it rains.

Hail Producer

Storm Passed

The storms that just missed us! Phew!  This one left softball size hail in Oklahoma city. We were in Dallas for the really big one the week before. Praise God for that. The thought of getting in the dark dungeon Tornado shelter gives me the creeps! Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my! Actually just spiders. 




Our Neighbor's two horses

We let him keep them on our property and he cuts our 5 acres of grass and keeps any eye on the place. Looks to me like we get the better end of this deal!


Fruit Tree's

Our two pear tree's (above) are looking good.  Last year we had a ton of peaches but they were all small and no flavor. Dan's brother Kelly told us to do a major prune and we would get less, but bigger fruit. So I did this on one of the peaches, and left the other as a test. Man was Kelly right! The difference between the two tree's is amazing. Not only is the fruit bigger, but the tree looks healthier as well. I'm going to prune all the fruit tree's this fall. Thanks Kelly!

Man at Work

Dan spraying the fuit tree's for bugs. He was art directing me on this photo. Looks like we do better staying within our own professions. As I am no Photographer and he is no Art Director!

No comments: