Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Theopolis, Fish Pathologist

Speaks for itself 

This is THE BASS CAPITOL OF OKLAHOMA, operating for the last 23 years by Theopolis Inslee and his son Donald. What a wonderful experience I had with these two characters. I needed to add some adult bass to the front pond to help with the overpopulation of bluegill, so I contacted Donald and he invited me down to catch my own. These are two of the most unique, genuine and wonderful guys you could ever hope to meet. Although Theo looks like he was cast as an extra from the set of the movie Deliverance, this spry 83 year old has a masters degree in fish pathology and has traveled all over the world helping other  fish scientist grow fish. He was fascinating and was throwing numbers, figures, and statistics out that would make even  Laura McCormicks head spin. She is my super smart niece who is getting a degree in astrophysics or something like that. She whooped my ass on some stupid board game when she was 8 and I was 35 and I'm still trying to get over it. 



Donald and Theopolis Inslee


Theo feeding bass fry

Central Dispatch

They have a collection of Pure Junk that they have accumulated over 40 years scattered around their 200 acres. They live on the property also.

Home Sweet Home



Donald with a Bucket of Bass for the Front Pond

I added 20 2 lb LMB to the Front Pond and 10 of the same to Merritts Pond.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is he married?